Seafood processors and buyers are key links in the supply chain—grading, processing and shipping fishermen’s catch to markets.
These markets are increasingly demanding information on a product’s authenticity, quality and sustainability. Through traceability, ThisFish offers processors and buyers a way to supply their customers with trusted, verifiable product information. We help seafood businesses tap new markets, build greater customer loyalty and create premium seafood brands.
Here’s what ThisFish has to offer:
- Branding: Through traceability, processors and buyers can create local and regional seafood brands, promoting the unique qualities of products from different regions.
- Traceability: Seafood businesses can use our online traceability tool to upload processing and handling data that consumers can access when tracing a product.
- Quality: Traceability creates accountability and thus can improve the quality of fishermen’s catch and create more collaborative relationships.
- Market Intelligence: We are currently developing a digital dashboard that will provide seafood businesses with data on how many visitors viewed their online profile and which products were traced, when and from where. This dashboard should be available by the fall of 2011.
Seafood processors and buyers in Atlantic Canada’s lobster and groundfish fisheries and several BC fisheries are currently participating in our traceability system.
- Acadian Fishermen's Co-op in Abram's Village, PEI
- Acadian Fish Processors, Lower West Pubnico, Nova Scotia
- AC Covert in Datmouth, Nova Scotia
- Aero Trading in Vancouver, BC
- Albion Fisheries in Vancouver, BC
- Allseas Fisheries in Toronto, Ontario
- Cool Wild Fish in Qualicum Beach, BC
- French Creek Seafood Ltd on Vancouver Island, BC
- Hardy Buoys Smoked Fish Inc. in Port Hardy, BC
- Hi-Gear Seafood in Victoria, BC
- Hub City Fisheries in Nanaimo, BC
- Inshore Fisheries in West Pubnico, Nova Scotia
- Jollimore Fisheries in Sambro, Nova Scotia
- Lakeshore Fish Co. in Port Dover, Ontario
- L.J. Robicheau & Sons in Little River, Nova Scotia
- Louisbourg Seafoods in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia
- Off The Hook Community Supported Fishery, Nova Scotia
- O'Neil Fisheries in Digby, Nova Scotia
- Organic Ocean in Vancouver, BC
- Pasco Seafoods in Richmond, BC
- R.I. Smith Lobsters in Bear Point, Nova Scotia
- S M Products Ltd in Vancouver, BC
- Sea Fresh Fish Co. in Maple Ridge, BC
- Seafood4life Products Inc. in Nanoose Bay, BC
- Tangier Lobster, Tangier, Nova Scotia
- Worldwise Seafoods in Vancouver, BC
- Xsealent Seafood Co. in Clark's Harbour, Nova Scotia